Joyce’s Café is open!!! It’s located at the Rockne VFW Hall on Hwy 20. Her number is 512-308-2687. Serving breakfast and lunch Monday thru Friday 6am-2pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-12pm if the hall is available. Monday and Tuesdays are burgers and fries, Wednesdays and Thursdays are plate lunches and Friday is catfish. For after hour orders call 512-308-2687.
Here are the results from the Homemade Wine Contest at Henry’s Place in Rockne last Saturday, the 12th: Mustang Grape category - !st Place Richard & Patsy Hoffman, 2nd Place Jay & Brenda Voigt, 3rd Place Bill Kadura, 4th Place Alan Grohman, 5th Place Keith Saegert, 6th Place John & Helen Klaus, 7th Place Donna Bartsch, 8th Place John Grohman, 9th Place Flora Mae Beck and 10th Place Donna Bartsch. In the “Other” category – 1st Place Vernon Bartsch’s Blueberry, 2nd Place Keaton Bartsch’s Favorite Grape 2012, 3rd Place Alan Grohman’s Grape Cherry Mix, 4th Place Della Ott’s Blackberry, 5th Place Alan Grohman’s Cherry, 6th Place Keaton Bartsch’s Favorite Grape 2010, 7th Place Jay & Brenda Voigt’s Wild Plum, 8th Place Vernon Bartsch’s Cherry, 9th Place John & Helen Klaus’ Berry, and 10th Place Vernon Bartsch’s Blackberry. Thank you to all who participated either making wine, judging or just coming to hang out and cheer everyone on. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again!
- The Bastrop County Area Go Texan Committee has season tickets this year again to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Our seats are in Section 112 in Rows DD and EE. The tickets to the rodeo and the concert for each night are $25 each. Following is a list of what we have left available for sale. If you are interested in any of these you can call me, Melissa Voigt, at 512-332-6171. Monday, February 25, Toby Keith, eight seats; Wednesday, February 27, Alan Jackson, four seats; Friday, March 1, Mary J. Blige, six seats; Sunday, March 3, Demi Lovato & Austin Mahone, eight seats; Monday, March 4, Styx, eight seats; Tuesday, March 5, Lady Antebellum, four seats; Wednesday, March 6, Dierks Bentley, eight seats; Friday, March 8, Tim McGraw, eight seats; Sunday, March 10, Julion Alvarez, Los Invasores de Nuevo, eight seats. We do have seats on the bus trip that will be March 9th. Scroll down in this email to get all the information on that trip. Our performer on that day is The Band Perry. As of this time we have 20 seats left on the bus.
- Check out the new Rose Garden Village, located in Red Rock, Texas! Are you looking for a small getaway or have lots of family coming into town for an event? If so, the Buckner Manor, a newly restored 1920’s home like no other Bed & Breakfast is perfect with its cozy and peaceful atmosphere. Also in the village, you’ll find the Lone Oak Inn, another newly restored home into an exceptional small event venue, with plenty of room for up to 120 people and beautiful scenery. Call for more details at 512-303-0969 and be sure to check out their website at www.rosegardenvillage.net for additional details!
- Cedar Creek Youth Sports Association is ready to kick off our Spring Season! Registration is now open for Flag Football, Baseball, T-Ball, Softball and Soccer! Please visit our website at www.leaguelineup.com/ccysa for more information or to register.
- Every Sunday at 1:00 pm beginning November 18th, 2012 there is a Turkey Shoot at Up-A-Creek Bar in Cedar Creek (formerly Stumble Inn) on Hwy 21. The new owners are Sophie Gregory and Pat Whitehead. For more info on the Turkey Shoot you can contact James Kelly @ 512-284-0138.
- BIG News: CURVES in Bastrop has moved! We would like to get the word out to all the ladies with getting healthy as their New Year's Resolutions! Our new location: 1007 College St., Ste A, Bastrop, TX 78602 (Formerly Buck's Pizza!) And, Congratulations to our Rockne, Tx website follower Suzanne Slade for being the first to call and claim her FREE month membership to CURVES of Bastrop!!! Your help spreading the word is greatly appreciated! Best Wishes, Beth Ane
- The VFW Post 2527 in Rockne has bingo every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm.
- We have a new DJ service available in the area. It’s Lonestar DJ Services. Reasonable rates, quality sound system, lighting with smoke machine. They are available for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and graduation celebrations or holiday parties. Call Tammy at 512-332-1896 or Shane at 512-332-1583. (Posted 7/3/2012)
- Lori Berdoll is selling bracelets, a photo of which is attached, and all proceeds will be given to Steve and Coey Zapalac for their expenses incurred on their numerous Houston trips to the MD Anderson Cancer Center. They are $20 each. To purchase please contact Lori Berdoll @ 964-4172 or Stephanie Hofferek @ 748-9486. (Posted 7/3/2012)
RockneTexas.com would like to send a special THANK YOU to each of our SPONSORS! Please check out the SPONSORS page to see who has helped create the success of RockneTexas.com!